If you want to enable tracking of your eLearning content produced in authoring tools like Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, etc. You would need a Tin Can enabled platform like WordPress (along with GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin) and a Learning Record Store like GrassBlade LRS.
- Articulate Storyline (Both TinCan and Non-TinCan packages)
- Lectora Inspire
- iSpring Pro
- DominKnow Claro
- Articulate Studio (Both TinCan and Non-TinCan packages)
- and more
Next Software Solutions is among the early adopters as well as contributors to the development of Tin Can API (aka Experience API).
- Import tincan.xml file to be able to show Course/Activity names, and quiz answers instead of ids in Articulate Packages.
- Ability to track Tin Can content completion, track scores and award certificates based on scores from Tin Can content (Requires: LearnDash and GrassBlade xAPI Companion)
- Better integration with WordPress,LearnDash and GrassBlade xAPI Companion.
- No limits to statements because it’s on your own server.
- Higher security by having your data on your own server.
- Reports on the LRS and improving.
- SSL certificate is recommended but not mandatory, because is on your own server. With 3rd party LRS it doesn’t work on IE without SSL.
- Not a WordPress plugin, but uses PHP/MySQL so it can be installed on most of the shared hosting, vps, or dedicated hosting environments that supports WordPress, including WP Engine, LightningBase, HostGator, Bluehost, etc.
- One year license for one installation on one domain.
- FREE Support and Updates for a year.
GrassBlade Cloud LRS is a SaaS based hosted version of our LRS. It is a great solution for those who don’t want to manage an LRS on their own server.
GrassBlade LRS integrates with LearnDash + GrassBlade xAPI Companion providing completion tracking feature that allows automatically marking LearnDash Lessons, Topics and Quizzes based on Tin Can content. It also allows you to award certificates based on quiz in Tin Can content.
GrassBlade provides triggers to make REST based WebHooks. This allows your to connect to Zapier and trigger events on 300+ of different platforms including WordPress, Salesforce, Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, HubSpot, Basecamp, MailChimp, GotoWebinar, Pivotal Tracker, SugarCRM, and more.