GrassBlade LRS is a Learning Record Store. A Learning Record Store (LRS) is a data storage service that acts as a repository for learning data. It is necessary for using the Experience API. The Experience API (xAPI) is also known as “next-gen SCORM” and the “Tin Can API”.
Learning Record Store is a big shift from the way e-learning specifications work. The concept was introduced in 2011 and started public adoption after the launch of pre-release version 0.9 of Tin Can API.
GrassBlade LRS enables you to stores progress data of learner sent by xAPI contents as well as any other application and tools that can send xAPI data. It works with all xAPI (Tin Can) enabled platforms that support external LRS, including WordPress if you have the GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin installed.
You can integrate it with different LMS (Learning Management Systems) that support Experience API. There is tight integration with LearnDash LMS for WordPress.
It supports almost all Experience API based content published using various authoring tools like:
- Articulate Storyline 360 & Articulate 360 (Suite)
- Adobe Captivate
- DominKnow and many others.
GrassBlade Learning Record Store enables you to store each and every activity done by your learners. You can generate a report of the learners and show them their result.
There are two versions to choose from:
- GrassBlade Cloud LRS: This is hosted, installed, updated and maintained on the Cloud by Next Software Solutions. You can be at peace that it is managed by those who have built the system, and can expect much better performance than if you had to host and manage it. You can also move your data from self-hosted to the cloud, or back.
- GrassBlade LRS: This is the self-hosted version that is installed on your own server. You need to install, update, and maintain it yourself.
Features of GrassBlade LRS
Track xAPI Content
GrassBlade LRS enables you to track learner progress, course completion, score, as well as user’s answers and manually typed text and essay responses.
If you use an LMS like LearnDash LMS with GrassBlade xAPI Companion, you can also award certificate to learners based on completion or scores achieved on any xAPI Content like Articulate Storyline Quiz.
The process of GrassBlade LRS setup and configuration is simple and works on most server hosts that support PHP & MySQL. You can integrate it with other tools like GrassBlade xAPI Companion, LearnDash with WordPress in no time.
For more details read our guide: How to configure GrassBlade LRS?
Integrate with 1000+ Applications
Using Zapier (3rd party service), and Triggers on GrassBlade LRS, you can integrate it with 1000+ different applications like Gmail, Google Docs, SalesForce, and more.
If you use the self-hosted version, there will be no statements limit from our side.
GrassBlade LRS focuses on both integrations as well as security. GrassBlade LRS is the first and only LRS to provide Secure Tokens feature. You can always use standard Basic Auth tokens if your LMS platform doesn’t support Secure Tokens.
It is one of the best features of GrassBlade LRS, it simplifies your reporting and analysis tasks. You can download reports as CSV or PDF.
Groups & Filters
You can set up learner Groups on the LRS. Reports can be filtered by these Groups.
- Filter: Reports can be filtered by Groups like other filters.
- Group Leader login: You can configure a manager with access to data of a specific groups only. This manager can now login to the LRS, and see reports for these specific user groups only.
- Auto Sync Groups: Groups built on LearnDash LMS can be automatically and periodically imported into the LRS, so you do not need to create Groups and manage group users in multiple places.
Custom and Automated Email Reports
Custom reports can be created by setting up filters and saving them which you can see in the reports menu.
You can also set up automated email reports to go out to specific email ids, at specific frequency and time.
Human Readable names in Articulate
You can import tincan.xml file to be able to show Course/Activity names, and quiz answers instead of ids in Articulate Packages.
The support system for GrassBlade is available on its knowledge base and you can reach us via Email and Social channels. Our team will try hard to response your each and every query.
- SSL certificate is recommended but not mandatory because is on your own server. With 3rd party LRS, it doesn’t work on IE without SSL.
- Forget monthly fees, you host the LRS on your own server so you have complete control.
- Cloud option: If you do not want to take care of self-hosting the LRS, you have an option to easily move to the Cloud LRS or switchback.
- FREE Support and Updates for a year.