GrassBlade xAPI Companion 2.0 is here, and we are excited to reveal this exclusive feature. In this version, we are introducing support for xAPI Video Profile 1.0 to provide you Advanced Video Tracking.
Now, you can track every user activity done with
- Video uploaded on your server
- Audio (MP3 etc.)
- i. Resume: You come back to the same video, and it starts from where you left. So, you can seamlessly pause on mobile, and resume on PC.
- It means if you didn’t watch the full video in one go. When you revisit the page and play the video again, it will continue from the same point where you left.
- ii. Completion: xAPI Video Profile corrects the distorted meaning of video completion. So far most, if not all, video completion features only checked if you reached the end.
- Now, it checks if you have watched all parts of the video. So, jumping around ain’t gonna help it.
- Additionally, you can set a percentage for completion.
- iii. HeatMap: You can actually see and visualize what parts of the video were watched, or left, or repeated, or repeated multiple times. Very very powerful in analyzing what parts of the video might have issues, like bad audio, or boring content, or interesting content.
- iv. LearnDash Completion: Also, if you enable completion tracking in xAPI video, it will hide the Mark Complete button in LearnDash, and automatically completes the lesson, topic, or quiz.
How to use it?
First, you have to add your video for advanced video tracking in xAPI Content section Read: Adding a video for Advanced Video Tracking
Once you have added the video, you are ready to embed it on any WordPress page or post.
You can do it in multiple ways. Read: Using xAPI Content on another Post, Lesson, or Quiz.
Data being tracked
After this update, you can track each and every activity of the user, like:
- Play (played)
- Pause (paused)
- Completion (completed)
- Volume Change (interacted)
- Skipping (seeked)
- Full Screen (interacted)
You can see this data in your Learning Record Store.
With xAPI Video Profile 1.0, you can see what parts of the video are watched. You can also see most-watched segments of the video.
That’s it, for this update.
Advanced Video Tracking is a feature we’re working on for a long time. As you might know, we’re the key contributor to the development of xAPI Video Profile 1.0. Also, we’re the first to introduce this feature in plugin.
If you want to switch back to old video tracking, read Switching to old video tracking
Hope you find these features useful. If you have any comments, suggestions, or feature requests feel free to drop a message in the comment section below or contact us.