To use H5P Content with GrassBlade xAPI Companion with or without GrassBlade LRS, follow the steps given below.
First, you need to upload or create H5P in WordPress using the H5P plugin for WordPress.
Install and Activate GrassBlade xAPI Companion plugin.
Go to xAPI Content>Add New.
Enter a title for xAPI Content.
Scroll down to xAPI Content Details section, Select H5P tab.
From the dropdown select your H5P Content, you created using H5P plugin.
Select, where to launch the content? There are 4 options available:
- In-Page: It will embed the content on the page.
- Link to open in the window: It will launch content in a new tab, you can specify text or image as a launch button.
- Link to open in the same window: It will launch content in the same window by refreshing the page.
- Link to open in popup lightbox: It will open in the same window in a popup lightbox.
Enable Completion Tracking and choose Completion Type. Not using LRS?
Click the update or publish button. It will publish your content.
Completion Tracking currently works only with these types of H5P Contents:
- Interactive Video [Demo]
- Quiz (Question Set) [Demo]
- Memory Game [Demo]
- Flashcards [Demo]
- Column Content [Demo]
- Image Pairing [Demo]
- Questionnaire [Demo]
- Essay Content [Demo]
- Branching Scenario [Demo]
- Course Presentation [Demo]
- Single Choice Set [Demo]
- Map Layers [Demo]
Completion Tracking expects a statement with a completed, passed, or failed verb at the end of the content. And other types of H5P content currently do not send it.
Not using LRS?
If you are not using GrassBlade LRS, but want completion tracking to work? You need to set Version as Not xAPI in the xAPI Content edit page.
Go to xAPI Content Details section > Override Global Settings > Version > Not xAPI.
We hope you found this information useful. If you’re facing any problem, feel free to contact us.