Please follow the steps given below to see if you have a valid xAPI, SCORM or cmi5 content for Completion Tracking feature:
- Add your content to Lesson or Quiz with “Completion Tracking” and “Show Result to users:” enabled. And, “Completion Type” set to “Enable Button on Completion”
- Launch your content, and complete it. If it is a quiz, you need to score the passing grade.
- If you see score in the results table below the content. Your content is good for Completion Tracking.
If you don’t see the results table update, then continue with steps below:
- Now go to the GrassBlade LRS, and see if there is a “passed” or a “completed” statement related to the content you completed.
- If you don’t see a “passed” or a “completed” statement, it can be due to three possible reasons:
a. Tracking is not enabled in the content: Content is not an xAPI, SCORM, or cmi5 content setup to send statements to the LRS.
b. You have not completed the content: This can happen if you skipped some slides, or failed the quiz, or due to bug in the authoring tool. If you have set passing % in authoring tool to 100% try changing it to 95% or 99%.
c. Configuration in the authoring tool is not correct: Suggestion: Check the configuration article for your authoring tool at: https://www.nextsoftwaresolutions.com/experience-api-content-providers/
- If you see a “passed” or a “completed” statement, the content is most likely good. You need to check the configuration on GrassBlade.
Follow this article for the same: Completion Tracking Not Working
If you still need help, please create a support ticket or reply to your existing ticket with responses to the following questions:
- What is the authoring tool used to build the content?
- Tracking type: xAPI/SCORM/cmi5?
- Did you receive a “passed” or a “completed” statement? If yes, include the JSON statement.
- What is the configured Activity ID and Content URL in the xAPI Content edit page on WordPress?
- Is the completion tracking issue with “ALL” contents, or with specific set of contents?
- Test with a sample content from here (https://www.nextsoftwaresolutions.com/experience-api-content-providers/) and let us know if the completion tracking worked with it.