You can use one GrassBlade LRS with multiple sites however there are a few downsides:
- Some features like LearnDash Groups integration work only with one WordPress site.
- Data is not 100% partitioned.
- Performance is affected, if there is a lot of data, as all the statements are stored in one table.
Hence, it is best to have separate LRS for separate sites.
However, if you decide to use one LRS, you can do this:
- Create separate LRS users/managers for each site.
- You can select the “user” role, and “View Own Data” permission to ensure users don’t see each other’s data.
- Generate Basic Authentication for each of them and use them for these sites.
- Create separate Triggers for each site, and select the user under Authority when adding/editing Triggers. Without this, completion data of one completion will be sent to all sites.
Important Note: If you do not add Authority (Manager) specific Trigger. The trigger will be run for data from all sources. And that might mean, taking a quiz on staging website can mark the Lesson as completed on Live site.